Throughout the video, Ford’s eyes are half-closed. He lolls back in his chair, sometimes waving his arms around erratically. He raises a lighter in his hand at several points and moves it in a circle motion beneath the glass bowl of the pipe, then inhales deeply, the Toronto Star newspaper reported, saying that two of its reporters had viewed the video three times.
At the end of the clip, the mobile telephone used to make the video rings. Ford appears startled, according to one of the reporters. He looks directly into the camera and says: “That thing better not be recording.” The video has apparently been shopped around to several media outlets by a group of men in the city, one of whom claims to have supplied Ford with the drug.
The individual identified as the mayor can be heard referring to Justin Trudeau, the newly elected leader of Canada’s Liberal party, as a “fag” and refers to a young members of high school football team that he coaches as “just fucking minorities”.
- Toronto mayor reportedly seen smoking ‘crack cocaine’ (foxnews.com)
- Caught Out There: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Caught Smoking Crack Cocaine On Camera (Video Inside) (djsdoingwork.com)
- Crack cocaine allegations levelled against Mayor Rob Ford (cbc.ca)
- Toronto mayor reportedly caught on video smoking crack cocaine (kdvr.com)
- Crack cocaine allegations levelled against Mayor Rob Ford – CBC.ca (cbc.ca)
- Video surfaces allegedly showing Toronto Mayor Rob Ford doing drugs: report (macleans.ca)
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in Crack Cocaine Scandal (crooksandliars.com)
- Several crowd-funding campaigns spring up to purchase video allegedly showing Rob Ford smoking crack pipe (news.nationalpost.com)
- For Sale: A Video of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Smoking Crack Cocaine (gawker.com)
- Video that appears to show Rob Ford smoking crack shopped to media outlets: report (vancouversun.com)